Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Attitude

Hi Everyone!

I am back...Let's just say that after several bouts with bad luck, I have survived and returned to make my way in the world.

I still feel like such an infant in this world of twitters, chirps, blogs, etc. But I am determined to succeed. NOTHING is going to deter me from achieving my dream. I have a little bit of a different attitude now. I spent three days with my daughter and my two grand-children. My daughter's husband's grand-father died and I went over to her house to help her out while he was out of town.

Funny how little faces give you a new perspective on life. My grand-son is 15 months old and unstoppable. We can't decide whether to dress him up like Bam Bam or King Henry VIII for Halloween! Both would suit him so well. When we ask his sister what he should be for Halloween, she keeps saying a chicken leg!

My grand-daughter will be three this December and is soooo independent. She can't decide whether to be a witch or an orange butterfly for Halloween. Hmmmm...wonder if I could make her a flying orange witch costume! LOL

I was pretty depressed when I went over to my daughter's house...just because life seemed to be working against me instead of for me. But, after spending that time with these beautiful, innocent little ones. These faces full of vim and vigor...Those eyes that look at you with total wonderment when you tell them something or show them how to do something that they have never done before...Well, it brings you back to reality and you all of a sudden become aware that your life is not so bad. Things are not as grim as they appear to be. They give you energy, they give you hope, they give you happiness. So, it is with that new found attitude that I have come back to this alien world. This cyberspace world that scares me to death. I mastered hang-gliding faster than I am mastering this. But I will succeed!

I am getting ready for "Holiday Fair" in December. A show in Greenville, SC on December 3, 4, and 5. Long show but the last hurrah for the year for arts and craft's shows. My goal is to come back empty handed after a 28 hour show. Been busy sewing, knitting with wire and working full time. Since cash is very limited I am forcing myself to use my stash as much as possible. Been hunting on freecycle for fabrics and craft stuff too. (Excellent site) Find myself pretty exhausted by the end of any given day, but I plod on. I have also been remiss in not posting as much as I should for Artfire, but since I am back I will try and catch up and post for my fellow members of the "You Can Sell It" Guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment