Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Blah Sort of Day

Okay, so I am off today and, although it started off with a bang, it seems to be going out like a lamb. I did manage to go to Michael's today and I found some supplies for a vest I want to make, a steampunk vest to be exact. I did also manage to do a couple of loads of laundry and clean up a little bit. But now, I am really tired. I'm blaming it on the time change! LOL I can use that excuse for about a week and then I'll have to come up with another one. Old age is the next excuse. ROFLMAO

I felt sort of lost today. I did write about it on my other blog on Artfire. http://www.artfire.com/users/night_owl2704/blog I did check out the forums on Artfire and nothing said "RESPOND" to me, so I just lurked today.

So, I guess looking back at today (and it's not over yet), I did accomplish some of the stuff on my to do list.

I posted a new item last week, I call it "Symphony in Pink and Black". It's another knitted wire bracelet. The wire is black and it has hot pink glass beads knitted in it. I tried a different photo approach and I am pleased with the results. I am building a light box with some items that I have around the house. Sort of a poor man's version of the really good ones. As soon as I can figure out how the lighting is supposed to work I am going to retake pictures of the items that I have online and give them more ambiance and light.

I have been working on another project for a VERY long time, but I have to get that copyrighted or at least registered before I can put it out there. Right now, I am tormenting my kids and friends by asking them for their opinion, advice, suggestions. It's an idea that an old boyfriend had (he has passed away) and I just sort of took it and developed it a bit more. I am dedicating it to Bob and to my mother (who has also passed away). They were two of the most influential people in my life.

I am going to go and have some dinner and maybe work some more tonight. Get to bed really early and wake up with the chickens and create all day tomorrow.