Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gorgeous Day!

Hello!


It is a beautiful 58 degrees here and I'm loving it.  The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze.  The weather is calling for it to go up to 80 this afternoon.  Gorgeous day.  My daughter put up some Halloween decorations in the yard and on the house yesterday.  Hopefully, today we will go and get my grandson his Buzz Lightyear costume.  That is, if he doesn't change his mind again and want to be a cowboy, again!  And, they say, women are indecisive.


I am in the process of making some old fashioned soft sculpture Santas which I hope to have finished soon.  One thing I want to do different is that I want mine to be made of really good quality fabrics and some even with real fur!  So, to that end, I will be scouring fabric shops and thrift shops and anywhere else I can think of to find the fabrics I am looking for.  I even thought about going to different pawn shops and seeing if I can purchase jewelry that I can actually afford to put on my fantasy Santa!


I will also be starting to make my grand-daughter's costume this week.  She wants to be a princess this year...but with a twist.  She wants the skirt to be as big as one of those girls on My Big Gypsy Wedding!  I see a bolt of tulle in my future.  I will post pictures as soon as I get it finished.


I cannot wait until Halloween!  That is the start of my holiday season.  Let us not forget what Halloween really is...it's a time of renewal, a time to start new projects. A time to let go of the past and start anew. Samhain is almost here!  So, start planning now for that bonfire and make your wishes and start your projects!  So mote it be!

No comments:

Post a Comment