Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Roller Coaster Ride!

My life is a constant roller coaster, and lately it seems that it's been mostly down than up.  I tried and tried and no matter how I juggled the numbers, I just could not make Sharon Springs happen. This severely depressed me. I was so sure that I could. I felt like the little engine. I just kept plugging and plugging and in the end, I failed. I am glad, though, that they had a record turn out and the weather held out, even though it was supposed to rain and rain.  I'm totally re-evaluating this year and how many times I have failed in doing what I set out to do.  It seems that no matter how hard I've tried this year to do a craft show a month...well, I haven't.

So, onto Plan ???  Don't really know where I am anymore!

I will blog more. I've been reading that if you blog at least twice a week more and more people will start to read it.  Okay.  Here it is September 28th.  Next blog date...October 1st. Writing it down in my calendar so I don't forget.

Next, I've decided to join Zibbet.  It's like Artfire and they are having a yearly deal.  Which I should be able to afford by the early part of next week.  I figure, the more sites that have my items for sale the better.  Logical, no?

I've been working on my picture taking and I think I'm getting much better. So, I have a whole lot of items that I've taken to the few shows that I have done this year.  So, I will be posting the items this Saturday and hopefully something will sell.  My items sell really well at the shows. Now it's just a matter of letting the zillions of people on the internet know that I am out here and getting them to my shops.  Sounds simple, doesn't it?  I've taken my cue from the Beekman Boys.  Josh said that you should tell EVERYONE about your items. Post, blog, tweet (is that right?), etc.  I love the Beekman Boys, but let's face it, when they started they had a leg up on the rest of us. Josh is an ad executive for one of the largest ad agencies in NY and is already a published author.  And, Dr. Brent, used to work for Martha Stewart!  That's actually how the world got to know them.  They made goat milk soap...they gave some away as presents....Martha Stewart was a recipient...She put them on her show!  Bingo!  A business was born.  Yes, they do work VERY, VERY hard and they have a lot of expenses and are working towards their million dollar goal so Josh can quit his job and live permanently in Sharon Springs...now they will be appearing on QVC tonight!  Million dollars here it is!  They deserve it...I've never actually met them, but they have inspired me all this year to keep going, to keep working through the fatigue, through the disappointments, through everything.  Go to their website and, you too, will fall in love with this little town of just barely 500!

I will be going to the FEW local shops in my area and see what I can sell there.  Now, I can do this, since I have a vehicle at my disposal.  I also, have one outlet in Asheville, NC which I will probably get to in mid October...due to my work schedule.

Okay...a plea to all of my 12 followers...tell your friends, neighbors, relatives about my handcrafted work.  I need MORE followers, MORE visitors to my site.  I could also use any and all comments, critiques, ideas.  I refuse to give up my dream that I have held onto for so long.  I'm not a spring chicken anymore but I will keep on swimmin' till I can't swim anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment