Monday, December 31, 2012

Snow Day!

Well, here it is the end of another year.  I can't believe it will be 2013! It certainly has been an interesting year.  365 days of ups and downs, tears and laughter and moving from North Carolina to New York!  As I look back, I'm just glad that it is behind me.  I am looking forward to a fresh start.  A clean slate.  New beginnings.  Behind me are 365 lessons that I have learned well.  And, in front of me stand 365 opportunities!  And, I, for one, cannot wait.

This Chinese New Year, which will be on February 10th, this year is the year of the Water Snake. The Water Snake is apt and able to make astute observations.  When I read this, I said to myself, "That's what I want to do this year!  Be astute!  Be clever and not make the same stupid mistakes that I make every year.  So, I guess you could say that will be my New Year's resolution!

Let your heart be gay this night.  Hold someone you care for very close this night.  Take a moment of silence for absent friends, family and friends this night.  Be safe this night.  Remember last year this night.  Dream of the new year just hours away this night.  Vow to seize every minute to come this night... I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!




So, the other day, it snowed and snowed and snowed.  It was an official "SNOW DAY" for the adults.  None of us could go to work that day.  I decided to bundle up and go out and take pictures.  I didn't go far as the snow started to fall harder and the wind picked up.  The snow, I find is peaceful and beautiful.  I am amazed by these tiny little flakes of ice falling from the sky, no two ever the same.  I am not a photographer by any sense of the word, but I hope that you enjoy these few pictures.

Our back porch.

The picnic table all covered.

The original pump for the house is almost all covered.
All settled in....in our back yard!

Summer toys. The kids had a blast making snow angels on the trampoline.

This determined little nuthatch would not let a silly snow storm keep him from his suet feeder.

Between those two little bushes and me is our road.

Snow clinging to the side of the trees like icing on a cake.

I don't think we should park the car there.

A puzzle of branches.

Tall grasses bend with every breath of the wind.

Newly broken branches.

More puzzles and more icing.

Our house in the background and a snow nest in the crook of the tree.

I love the "weave" on these trees.

All the trees were laden with snow on that cold, cold day.

I wonder how many snowflakes are nestled atop these berries.

Baby pine trees getting a taste of their first real winter snow.

Our road.

These belong right in front of a gingerbread house.

When I saw this tree all I could think of was it needs lights!

"I told you I had too many clothes on!"  (My grand-daughter)

"Mommy, push us harder!"

"All I need is a little ball of snow to start my snowman".

"I wonder if I could eat the whole thing?" (My grand-son)

Even though she kept yelling at her little brother, not to eat the snow...guess who we caught red handed?

"What ya doin' grandma?"  "Taking pictures," I said.

Doing what Daddies do best.  Carrying the sled back UP the hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment