Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The New Year is all but 16 days old and it is snowing here in New Baltimore.  When we went to bed last night all but a few places had the lovely white stuff.  The warm weather had melted it all.  We awoke this morning to about 4 inches!  My grand-daughter's school called at 5:00 AM to say that school was on a two hour delay and then called back again at 7:00 AM to say that school would not be in session.  Unfortunately for my daughter and myself getting the kids back to sleep was impossible.  So, we had a very early start to our day.  I must say that it looks like a picture postcard out there.  Nothing has stepped on the beautiful carpet of snow.  It still is white and pretty!

I am, getting ready for my first show in New York!  It's February 12, 13 and 14 at the Empire State Plaza in Albany.  The hours are from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.  It's inside the Concourse and apparently it's where all the employees of the area go to eat and shop.  

Considering that it is a Valentine's Day show I would make some bracelets in red with red hearts, with silver hearts, etc.  I'm also going to make some Valentine's Day bottles with lights in them.  

So...I have searched through all of my stashes of fabrics, beads, etc. found everything that could remotely do with Valentine's Day!  I was getting ready to sew and needed to iron some fabric and lo and behold my Rowenta that I have had for a long time decided that it had had enough!  I almost cried.  Now, I have to try and find a good deal on this iron.  So far, believe it or not Lowe's has the best deal!  I should be able to get one this weekend.  It would be nice to sell a few items from one of my shops to help me out.  

So, get a cup of whatever makes you happy and come take a look at either 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/OfBrushandNeedle?ref=si_shop 
OR http://www.zibbet.com/OfBrushandNeedle
  OR http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/night_owl2704
Don't forget that Valentine's Day is just around the corner!  I'm sure all of you out there have a girlfriend, mom, aunt, daughter, grand-mother, etc. that would love one of these items.  And, if you don't see what you want contact me and I will gladly custom make you your item.

So...Come, browse and enjoy and help me get that new Rowenta iron!





No comments:

Post a Comment