Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I MUST SUCCEED!


Winter's Night Recycled Bottle with Lights

Well, Hi!  It has been a long time since I posted anything at all. They say that you should keep your personal blog and your business blog separate, but I just don't have such an exciting life that I need two.  And, since I am a rebel I am just going to be posting anything and everything.  I also follow a lot of blogs out there that have recipes, crafts to sell, introspections on the personal lives of the individual bloggers.  I, personally think it is kind of cool to read about the every day lives of people in the same boat as I am.  Maybe one day, when I have my dream house with a pool and over five acres...I will split the blog and have a personal one and a business one.  A girl can dream, can't she?

I have made myself a promise that this little cottage industry of mine WILL succeed despite the fact that my little shops on Etsy and Artfire  are two of a gazillion out there.  People will notice these two little boutiques of mine.  I am, for the next few months dedicating myself to doing whatever I can to make them visible to the myriad of seekers on the internet.  I am going to continue to make products that are well made and excite the eye.  I want you, the seeker, to say, "That is so pretty!"  I want you to want my product in your home, on your arm, on your Christmas list!

My daughter is now the primary bread winner in our little family.  With one car, two little kids, it is a logistic nightmare to get them to school, her to work and then me to work.  That is why, I MUST make this venture work.  We decided that it would be easier if I just worked part time and devoted more time to my business.  Now, I have the time to devote myself to what I want to do.  Being a waitress for the rest of my life is not my dream job!

I have a local craft show on Saturday and have been busy trying to get as much done as I possibly can.  It is at the New Lebanon (New York) High School.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do well.  I have items from $1.00 all the way to $100.00!  The kids are out of school from December 22 until January 3 and I just don't know how much I will be able to work during that time, so I desperately need to make some money at this show.  It always seems to happen that we are really tight on money around the holidays and every year we swear that we won't let it happen again.  But, alas, it's always the same.  I have to make this my priority.  I have to make money in this month. They say that money does not buy you happiness.  Well, it's a lot easier to be happy when you know your basic bills are going to get paid!  Don't get me wrong, my daughter and I will make it work.  We always do.  No matter how busted we have been.  But, hell, it would be nice not to have to do this every year.  So, to that end, I SWEAR (again!) that by this time next year, we will not be in this same boat.  

Golden Holiday Fabric Bottle Bag


I am going to try to post every other day or so...I will keep getting better with my pictures so that you all can see what my items are.  I will keep trying to do more on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Until I can get a smart phone, I cannot do Instagram.  Hopefully this year, when tax money comes in I can do that.  I know, it seems silly to wait until tax money, but with a six and a soon to be eight year old (December 7) a smart phone is a luxury not a necessity.  Especially now, in the winter, when they need coats, gloves, boots, snow suits...well, all of you with kids know how expensive this can all get!  

One thought that does come to mind is how do you all do the posting, blogging, etc. and still have time to make things?  I tried this past month to do this and I spent hours and hours on the internet, favoring shops, posting tweets, posting pics on Pinterest, etc.  I guess it's a lot of time management. One thing that I REALLY have to work on.  I can waste a day like no one else I know!  You know, you rationalize...I still have time, let me just do this and I'll get to it.  I am the world's best procrastinator!  It finally dawned on me that I really cannot do that.  I have to set a few goals every day and actually do them.  I'll pardon myself for November...I battled a cold that turned nasty and I ended up bringing home more meds than I have in a very long time.  Still battling it, but I do feel almost human again.  But, now it is December and it is time to buckle down and get'r done!

So, for now, I am ending with a positive thought that I need to get the rest of my crafts done for this show on Saturday.  The kids are in school today until 3:30 so I have a lot of time to get a lot done.  

For all of those out there that read this have a wonderful and productive day!

Dreidel Fabric Bottle Bag





Butterflies Hair Comb



Minion #1 (Alexis, my grand-daughter, will be eight on December 7)

Minion #2 (Avery, my grand-son, six years old)
Minion #1 and Minion #2 is the reason why I MUST SUCCEED!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment