Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Little Grey Cells...


Steampunk Rose, Work in Progress

I am sure that many of you look to Pinterest for inspiration...or just for fun.  I can fritter away many, many, many hours on Pinterest! I start out just to look for something specific and end up looking at board after board.  I am guilty of doing that at any fabric or craft store.  Surely, there are many of you that are guilty of this little pleasure.  I'll give you an example, the other day, I went into a certain craft store for glue sticks and three hours later....but I digress.

So, I am looking at Pinterest and all of a sudden the ideas started to flow!  Huzzah!  I am sure someone out there remembers the TV show Poirot...the little grey cells are functioning again and I am full of ideas.  Now, let's see if I can accomplish what I've set out to do. 

The Steampunk Rose at the top of this page is the beginning of a fascinator or maybe a top hat.  I'm leaning more towards the hair fascinator.  I've got some black veiling that would look really great with it and then I intend to add some beads, gears, etc.; you know, glam it up.  So keep watching.

Now, to my hand knitted wire cuff bracelet, Meanderings. As I placed the beads on the wire I wanted my design to appear to wander.  It almost looks like a stream that is flowing from one side to the other.


Meanderings





















And, now, I have become fascinated by these little beaded spiders. Pinterest has kept my attention for, I won't really divulge how many hours, due to these arachnids. And, the legend that goes with them is so adorable that I just had to try my hand at them.  So far, I have done four.  Gilded Fantasy is my latest creation. She is almost what I consider to be Steampunk with a slight Asian flair.  I almost think that if she sells I will put her in a Chinese take out box along with the legend of the Christmas Spider!


Gilded Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment