Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

Okay, I think that making plans is totally over rated! I was going to do a wonderful arts & craft's show in Columbia, SC the first weekend in March. I sent my pictures, along with pictures of the other items of my friend's items. Well, I was getting kind of antsy because I had not heard anything from the jurying committee...I called and the voice on the other end of the line said that they were interested in the quilted and sewn items but not in the other. Imagine my disappointment and Cathy's! (my friend) The show is expensive, so we were going to split the cost, as well as the cost of the hotel, etc. So...try as we might to think of something else that Cathy could do, the show is just not possible. So, now I'm back to square one. We were so looking forward to this show. Not only because we, being the crazy women that we are, love that kind of pressure, stress and insanity; but also, because we know it's VERY good money. Cathy and I are both looking for some other show maybe in April to do. We are trying to keep our spirits up, despite our set back.

As for me, I am desperately trying to sell items online. Who knew it would be so hard to do this. I have joined www.mycraftcorner.com and it seems like this, also, will be a good outlet. I read somewhere about Zibbet.com, I think I will give this a try also. I have posted my link to my studio on Artfire on Freecycle cafe as well. I'm also telling people at work and when I go back on Thursday I am going to take a few little things...MAYBE I can sell some of my items.

It's a rainy and cold Tuesday morning and my mind is racing with ideas...one of them has to work! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment