Saturday, August 15, 2015

Inspiration....Lost

Blushing Bride

So, here it is, after midnight on August 16th...I'm cross-eyed from looking at Pinterest.  I'm usually not at all daunted by miles of fabric just lying around or a myriad of beads in every imaginable color and shape.  But, here I sit and I've got to say...I've got nothin'!

I am not, by any means a neat crafter, artisan...call it what you will.  I am quite messy.  By the time I finish one of my projects, my little area looks like a tornado whirled through.  I thought, "Well, maybe, if I clean my little area, I will be inspired.  Or, if nothing else, I'll be able to see the six foot table that was playing hide and seek with all the beads, threads, ribbons, handmade flowers, etc."

So, I spent the better part of a day doing just that.  I sorted.  I organized.  "Wow, there's my cutting mat."  The more I cleaned, the more I found.  "There's that ruler!" Amazing what you can find when you de-clutter your work station.  My grand children were laughing at me while I was discovering all of my "new found" items.  But, any of you out there that are not neat when you work will understand the sheer excitement of the disclosures.

It does sort of amaze me how one minute you can be smokin' hot and be so productive that you impress yourself and the next minute you are dry as a bone.  Where does that spark go?  Does it mean that you have reached the proverbial end of the line?  What do others do when they hit this brick wall?

I did get a bit of inspiration as I was straightening out my work space...so I will start there.  It's just a nucleus of an idea...but I'll take it.  I'll run with it and see where it leads.  I certainly have the supplies...or at least, most of them.  For, as you all know, you can never have enough beads or fabrics or paints!


"Never give up on what you really want to do.  The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts."  Albert Einstein



Treasures Amidst the Sea Glass



No comments:

Post a Comment