Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally Found A Car!!





As many of you know, I have been searching for a van for a VERY long time. Well, Eureka! A friend of mine, who works at the Barrel has a nice big Suburban that I am going to buy. Her husband has had it for a while and they decided that they didn't need it...so, I am going to buy it. Doing the dance of joy! It just seemed that I would never have a vehicle I could afford. It's a bit more that I wanted to spend; but they will let me make payments on it -- So....now, the dilemma of how to get to and from my shows is over, finally.

I've been scrimping and saving every dime I can so I will have enough cash to go to Sharon Springs, NY. I have decided that if there isn't enough cash I would borrow from one of those places you see on TV. The interest rate is as high as Shylock. I might as well give them a pound of my flesh! But, if it means I'll get to Sharon Springs, then that is what I will do.

I've been busy knitting bracelets and making fabric fortune cookies and painting bottles and making jewelry pouches and cutting my placemats...I'm starting to get extremely nervous about this show. I think it's a great opportunity for me and maybe just the break I need. I will reach my goal this year and move back North and get my business off the ground.

I've also decided that I will sign up for Pro Pay...a service provided through Artfire that allows you to accept credit cards. All you need is a laptop or a cell phone and an active bank account. Have all those. The fee is nominal and will allow me NOT to lose sales at the shows. Thank you Artfire!

Another friend of mine that works with me has volunteered her husband to make me some wooden cubes for the shows coming up. Next week I will buy a 4 X 8 piece of plywood and some screws and cut them to size and have her hubby get to work. I'll spray paint them and they'll look like those really fancy risers that you pay a fortune for at the stores. Maybe next year, I can afford some acrylic ones. One step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment