Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I hope that everyone had a great Fourth of July and got to see lots and lots of firework displays. Here in Hickory we had a torrential rain -- so we decided to stay home and watch the myriad of shows on the boob tube that showed them. The ones in NYC were glorious! I must say that after the vote for same sex marriages I didn't think that New York could surpass the experience. But even on the television the fireworks were absolutely celebratory. I am very proud to be a New Yorker right now. And, hopefully by this time next year I will be posting from somewhere in that great state. I've spent over 30 years south of the Mason Dixon line and I must admit that I miss the North every day. The South and this city girl just don't mix.

After many years in the laid back atmosphere that most of the South where I have lived -- I've had enough. I miss the hustle and bustle of New York. I miss the food, the weather, the people, the energy. What I wouldn't give for a decent bagel with a shmear! The South has its fine points...just not enough for me to spend the latter part of my life trying desperately to fit in. Maybe it's just the places that I have lived that did not accept the way I am ... a true New Yorker!

Don't misunderstand I am not dissing the South...it's just not for me. So, for the rest of the year I am working as much as I can at Cracker Barrel and doing as many craft things that I can do...I figure I can sleep once I've moved.

So, take a look at my Artfire Studio! Grab a cup of coffee or whatever other libation makes you happy and browse and maybe purchase something or have something specially made just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment