Sunday, July 17, 2011

Okay...I Have Little Butterflies in My Stomach!

It's almost 60 days until the Craft Show in Sharon Springs, NY. And, I am starting to get a few little butterflies in my stomach. First of all, it's the first craft show that I have done so far from Hickory, NC. So, the whole logistics of the whole thing has to be planned just right. My daughter, her fiancee, and her two children are also going...and, unless we can find someone who will watch Piggy (our dog)...she's coming too!

In the next couple of weeks, we have to decide when we are leaving and returning. I am leaning more on leaving a few days before the show and then staying for a while after that...Get the show out of the way and then scope the area around Sharon Springs for the possible move up to that area. I will say this, if I had the cash, I would move in about three weeks...that would give us enough time to pack and give two weeks notice to my job. Then...all you would see is dust!

I also have to figure out just how we are going to get there! We have a little car and the 12+ hour drive with all my inventory is just not feasible in that vehicle. So, I have been desperately trying to find an inexpensive van...then all of us, including the dog will be comfortable. We will, of course, leave EXTREMELY early in the morning...then the kids will sleep about the first four or five hours. Then, we could stop, have a picnic, let the dog and the kids run around and then head North again! Once we get to Sharon Springs, we could just chill, let the kids go crazy and find a nice little place for dinner and then ALL of us crash. The next day would be a leisurely one; and then, the next would be the show. My daughter, et al could have a couple of days to do whatever they wanted while I work.

I am also VERY excited and nervous on meeting the Fabulous Beekman Boys! If you have not heard of them, SHAME ON YOU! Visit their website and you will absolutely love them. They have been my inspiration these past few months. I want to take them out to dinner and get to know them as well as pick their brains. If you want to follow in someone's footsteps you have to get to know HOW the do what they do. How are they the success that they are now. How do they keep going when it just seems impossible. That's what I want to know. I want to know what step or steps I am missing, not doing, ignoring, etc.

So, if any of you out there, reading this know of an inexpensive van for sale...let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment