Friday, July 8, 2011

July began hot and muggy here in Hickory, NC. The weather is reminiscent of southern Florida. Hot, then in the afternoon, rain...then steam room! Thank you Global Warming!

I'm working on a Steampunk vest that I should finish by the weekend. I can't believe tis trend is still alive and kicking. I also want to do some Steampunk wedding items. I have some hats I've already cut and should finish early next week.

Speaking of weddings, one of my co-workers is going to be a bridesmaid and she has asked me to do her dress. Cute dress. Very simple A-line, knee length. But, here's the kicker, it's CAMO. I don't know exactly what color yet. She is still looking for the fabric. Her friend is having a "Red Neck" wedding. That's what she is calling it, not me. She's getting married by the river and she's even going to have mud-wrestling. Not my cup of tea, but I guess, to each his own.

Still making plans for the Sharon Springs Harvest Festival in late September. Wish I had a couple of thousand extra dollars. Cannot wait to actually see this little Hamlet and meet the Fabulous Beekman Boys. If you don't know who they are...you are missing out on a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment